March 28, 2024, 06:01:40 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Viscosity Table  (Read 1997 times)

Offline junglekidd

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Viscosity Table
« on: April 03, 2018, 11:12:52 PM »
Hello all!

Good day!

I need a little help regarding viscosity table.
I’m doing a project to build a Hot plate magnetic strirrer here for my Final year project.
Like normally I want to make a morning coffee, I will add coffee powder inside the cup, pour hot water, and stir them all, so it will become a homogeneous we call Coffee.
From the process I learnt that heat and stirring will affects viscocity of the liquid.

My question is, is there any sources regarding liquids mixing and its relation with speed of stirring and heat?
I would need something like table for a refence to my project.
Thank you so much!

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Viscosity Table
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »
Hi there, junglekidd:, I'm sorry you haven't had much help until now.  However, its hard to follow what you mean when you describe what you're doing, and what you still need.  Let's try to break it all down:

Hello all!

Good day!

I need a little help regarding viscosity table.

Probably the easiest one you'll find is the CRC.  Maybe some other engineering textbooks or maybe physical science textbooks.

I’m doing a project to build a Hot plate magnetic strirrer here for my Final year project.

Hrm.  A motor and a magnet?  OK.

Like normally I want to make a morning coffee, I will add coffee powder inside the cup, pour hot water, and stir them all, so it will become a homogeneous we call Coffee.

There's nothing false in this statement.  There's nothing very insightful either.

From the process I learnt that heat and stirring will affects viscocity of the liquid.

Heat does, and stirring might, for certain types of liquids.  Not likely for a coffee solution.  I felt I had to make that clear.

My question is, is there any sources regarding liquids mixing and its relation with speed of stirring and heat?

It can be hard to find a source for some things, but there's no source for anything that isn't true.  Where you found evidence of a statement you made is a good place to look for a table.

I would need something like table for a refence to my project.
Thank you so much!
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
Re: Viscosity Table
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
Your best bet will be trial and error. I wouldn't recommend looking up viscosity tables and trying to derive the correct speed in advance, as friction and other variables will be playing a role beyond just viscosity.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Sponsored Links