March 28, 2024, 09:37:47 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Lopinavir  (Read 1846 times)

Offline puddina

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Lopinavir
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:16:11 PM »
Hi All. I'm working on  a Biochemistry Assignment regarding research on the drug molecule, Lopinavir. I'm having problems in finding information regarding the following:
1. pH-dissociation profile of lopinavir
2. Total surface area (Not Polar Surface Area)
3. Parachor
4. Partition coefficient
5. Identifying all the functional groups in lopinavir
6. Stating the Electronic/Solubility and Steric effects of each group

Any help would much be appreciated. Thanks in Advance :)

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: Lopinavir
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
Greetings, puddina:, I'd like to welcome you and everyone new to the Chemical Forums,  but I want to ask you to review our Forum Rules{click}.  You already accepted the rules when you signed up for our forum, and you have to follow them, whether you agree with them or not, or even if you're unaware of them.

We don't dump complete answers on this forum, we like to help you learn to help yourself.  Let's get started.  You have much work to do, if you believe you should get credit for having done work.

Do you understand any of the terms in your list?  Can you define them? Can you even, show us the molecular structure of Lopinavir, and begin to solve some of these six questions on your own?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Online Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
Re: Lopinavir
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »
With respect to point 5, there is only one functional group in this molecule that might be outside of the experience of an student in introductory organic chemistry, let alone biochemistry.

Sponsored Links