April 25, 2024, 09:23:45 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Name of the Functional Group present in the drug molecules that might be broken  (Read 1742 times)

Offline science2018

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi All ,

As we all know there are some drugs which are taken orally whereas others are injectables. The drugs based on protein molecules are injectables so that they are not broken down by acids in stomach.

Can you please share below info

> Name of the Functional Group present in the drug molecules that might be broken

> type of such reaction that would cause breakdown

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
What functional groups do you know? What functional groups are present in proteins?

Offline science2018

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Sorry didn't get you .

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Sorry didn't get you .

Let me try to help ...

Greetings, science2018:, I'd like to welcome you and everyone new to the Chemical Forums,  but I want to ask you to review our Forum Rules{click}.  You already accepted the rules when you signed up for our forum, and you have to follow them, whether you agree with them or not, or even if you're unaware of them.

We don't dump complete answers on this forum, not for a new student, not for a professional in a hurry,  and not for an amateur trying to invent the latest thing.  Its your responsibility to know the basics from the beginning, and be able to conduct the basics of an online search or a review of printed material in your text book or class notes.

What have you done, so far, to try to solve this problem for yourself?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links