March 29, 2024, 11:33:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: [Homemade] Hakka Style Minced Pork with Pickled Cucumber  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
[Homemade] Hakka Style Minced Pork with Pickled Cucumber
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:23:09 PM »
I recently started a new hobby, cooking, and I wanted to share the latest dish me and my girlfriend made. The dish shown in the image is an example of Hakka cuisine.

I can't find much of anything on Hakka cuisine in English, but since my girlfriend is half Hakka and can read Chinese, we've been digging into some traditional Hakka cookbooks in Chinese. We decided a blog would be the best way to promote this little-known cooking style, and we would write it in English so more people can learn about how to make these dishes too.

The blog is Kai Dong!

Although the blog will be featuring Hakka cuisine initially, we will also feature other regional foods from time to time. We recently made a Venetian Linguine with Asparagus and Prosecco, and as one Redditor described it in today's parlance, "looks delicious af."
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: [Homemade] Hakka Style Minced Pork with Pickled Cucumber
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:53:16 AM »
I always maintained that chemist should be good cooks.  Some chemists complain they are poor cooks.  What is it about cooking that isn't like chemistry?  You set up a procedure, you monitor temperature, you monitor reaction progress,what is it about cooking that's not like working in a lab?

Wait.  Nobody answer that.  All chemists who are bad cooks, just move your reaction ... somewhere ... way over there.  Far from me.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Sponsored Links