April 20, 2024, 05:10:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need the best YouTube video on Infrared spectroscopy  (Read 1607 times)

Offline yourdeath01

• Mole Snacks: +1/-1
Need the best YouTube video on Infrared spectroscopy
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:11:20 AM »
I am not sure if asking to be linked to YouTube video is normal around here but hey I will try!

As the title states in need of a quick YouTube video that can summarize the IR Spectroscopy such as matching a compound to the IR absorbance spectrum aka the graphs and identifying characteristic peaks and what not. Also a video in regards to determining the degree of unsaturation for organic compounds would also be nice. Thanks lads!

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
Re: Need the best YouTube video on Infrared spectroscopy
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:36:03 AM »
I'm not sure that a video would be of use, though I appreciate that different people learn in different ways. What particularly are you having difficulty in?

Offline P

• Mole Snacks: +64/-15
  • I am what I am
Re: Need the best YouTube video on Infrared spectroscopy
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:05 AM »
What level?  Basic school level description, advanced level, university level or beyond advanced degree level?

I haven't looked for one - but I am sure that by typing 'IR spectroscopy' into the youtube search window it will throw stuff up that will catch your eye.

Here is a list of search results across different levels of understanding. I haven't looked at them too closely as I don't know what you are looking for.  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=IR+Spectroscopy
Tonight I’m going to party like it’s on sale for $19.99!

- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Sponsored Links