Chemical Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Sponsored links

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to dissolve hair affordably  (Read 411 times)

oconoroconor

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to dissolve hair affordably
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »

I own a head lice removal company and we have to remove a lot of hair from combs and some of it is really intractable or just impossible.

The combs look like this:https://www.ulta.com/terminator-metal-lice-nit-comb?productId=xlsImpprod2470053

It's all metal except for those plastic stripes on the handle.

In my search I found bleach and a slew of drain clearing products, but I thought there might be a simple concoction that would be more affordable than retail options.

I found this study about dissolving hair https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5823165/pdf/TSWJ-2009-9-692092.pdf. Unfortunately, I don't have the background to really gauge what the best option would be and would appreciate any help.

Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +419/-20
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: How to dissolve hair affordably
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:27 AM »

Your problem is dissolving hair without dissolving the metal. Totally pulling something out iif my butt, I might look into enzymatic and/or peroxide digestion. What metal are the brushes made of?
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

oconoroconor

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: How to dissolve hair affordably
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »

Supposedly, they are stainless steel, but the manufacturers where I got them from aren't the most reliable. No rust so far though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Mitch Andre Garcia's Chemical Forums 2003-Present.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.