General Forums > Generic Discussion

question about chemical reaction: what sweating does to teflon

(1/3) > >>

empleat:
Hello,
i have problem, my hand is sweating during gaming and on bottom of my mouse feet creates spots from sweating. It is tricky, because every human can have different chemical substances in their sweat. I am interested what sweating does to teflon surface, if it changes surface itself, there is probably nothing i can do. But if only sticks to it, maybe i could use cloth with a bit bleach, or some cleaner. But i don't want to damage it, it is better to don't do anything, if not sure. For example water damages cloth mousepad, i have that from support. I don't know if it is good idea try to clean mouse feet with anything. I want to clean it, because my mouse feet wore out quickly.
Thank you for answer.

wildfyr:
If it is just teflon, it cannot be harmed by anything cleaning agent you have at home. Rubbing alcohol (isopropanol) is a nice first choice.

P:
Do they make mouse feet out of Teflon?

P:

--- Quote from: P on November 28, 2018, 05:35:14 AM ---Do they make mouse feet out of Teflon?

--- End quote ---

Apparently they do make replacement Teflon mouse feet for gaming.   

Yea - anything should do - it is pretty chemically resistant.

empleat:
Ye i meant this isopropyl alcohol, instead of bleach, i forgot how it called.
Quick question yet, if i clean mouse feet with this and yet i wipe mouse feet with cloth, before placing mouse back on mousepad. It won't be cleaned from isopropyl to 100%, i read that isopropyl alcohol can leave stains on cloth.
And it is not good idea to use water to clean cloth by mousepad manufacturer, so i am not sure it is good idea to clean with water mouse feet either and again not sure i would be 100% free from isopropyl than, if i cleaned mouse feet with water after using isopropyl.
What is your opinion on this, i probably ask yet razer support on isopropyl and cleaning mouse feet with it.
I am paranoid, because my mouse feet and mousepad wore out quickly and i use microfiber cloth and gently wipe mousepad and mouse feet with it after gaming session, but it gradually build up and yet dust is problem, it sticks around mouse feet, because there is small hole around it and onto mouse pad and i cant get it out, small pieces of dust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version