April 24, 2024, 08:18:24 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to darken the color of a too bright plastic tooth with chemicals?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline ptr89

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to darken the color of a too bright plastic tooth with chemicals?

Hello,

Several weeks ago, I got a plastic tooth (a front one) from a dentist who said that he would put a whiter plastic tooth because such plastic teeth become darker in 1-2 weeks. However, it is already over 6 weeks and the plastic tooth is still much brighter than other teeth around it.

I asked on one dental forum, and they said that such plastic teeth keep the same color, and there are no other methods to darken a plastic tooth apart from replacement... I tried to put a paste based on coffee powder and later blueberry powder on this teeth and kept it for 1-2 min, but there were no effects on the color of this tooth.

I tried to put a paste based on coffee powder and later blueberry powder on this teeth and kept it for 1-2 min, but there were no effects. See the image attached.

Can I darken the color of a plastic tooth using some chemicals such as weak or diluted acids? From my understanding, if a apply a drop of some correct acid solution for the right amount of time, this should discolor the tooth. I may start with weak solutions and see what they do. Would acids be the best choice to try this?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 04:44:54 AM by ptr89 »

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +149/-10
Re: How to darken the color of a too bright plastic tooth with chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
I think it is easier to bleech the other teeth than to darken the new.
I would contact a dentist, thats best.

Offline ptr89

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: How to darken the color of a too bright plastic tooth with chemicals?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:02:59 AM »
Thanks!

Sponsored Links