Specialty Chemistry Forums > Nuclear Chemistry and Radiochemistry Forum

Anyone here in field of radiolabeling of organic compounds?

<< < (2/2)

Enthalpy:
And did you start the job?

Maybe future bombs won't need tritium any more. I suggested elsewhere to boost plutonium bombs with D-D instead, and then countries with nuclear weapons won't need nuclear power plants any more to resupply the tritium. I have no idea whether this is feasible, but D. Trump talked briefly about making new nuclear tests, possibly a hint at a tentative D-D design. Getting rid of nuclear plants would save several 100G€. Whether tritium won't be a state secret any more then?

I dearly wish your secret services (CZ ?) are less stupid than the French ones. Yesterday I got attacked, possibly just because I had imagined that France's 140kt warheads might be oversized single stages rather than two-stages Teller-Ulam designs. Never worked on that, no information about it, no competence, hence no legal excuse for a professional secret, but apparently it sufficed.

kriggy:
Yes I did. Actually, the job involves way less work with radioactve material than I expected. I dont immagine getting in trouble with secret service, we dont have any warhead and our lab has only tiny amounts of radioactive material

Babcock_Hall:
I forgot to mention that there is a publication called the Journal of labelled compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version