May 15, 2024, 06:53:24 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: gPROMS & Plug flow  (Read 6264 times)

Offline colen212

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
gPROMS & Plug flow
« on: February 10, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »
All,
I am developing a plug flow model in gProms. Can anyone advise me on the boundary conditions to use? especially for the distribution domain? expeting your reply.

Offline eugenedakin

• Oilfield Consulting Chemist
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +88/-2
  • My desk agrees with the law of entropy
    • Personal Website
Re: gPROMS & Plug flow
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
Hi colen212,

It is good to hear that you are developing a plug flow model.

There are so many aspects of developing a model that I am curious as to what aspects you are looking at.  This can get even into the complexities of colloids. I am curious as to the limits that you want on your program. 

For example, I know of approximately 8 different methods of measuring viscosity.  If you were to have viscosity as one of your parameters, you will need to spend much time on determining what you are looking at calculating.

In my personal opinion, gProms looks like a nice program, however, I have found that creating my own programs provides a little more options for me.

Could you help me out by describing more of the intent of your model, and some of the previous work that you have completed so that I can understand which area you would like help with?

I wish you the best,

Eugene
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Sponsored Links