May 19, 2024, 04:48:42 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical Kinetics  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Jonnyb504

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemical Kinetics
« on: September 08, 2007, 11:34:03 AM »
So Im in my 2nd semester of college gen chem and we have our first lab report due on chemical kinetics. We did an initial run of the [Br2] vs Absorbance and got the range of linearity. Next we began to add the Br to Formic Acid and water, this is when we did 3 seperate experiment each a little altered and we where watching absorbance over time. With viewing the plots I can tell that Br is 1st order because all 3 plots are linear at ln(A) vs Time. My question is...they are asking for the order in formic acid and I was wandering how I would find that? Would I have to take the y=mx+b formula from the formula given by the linear line made in excel and just plug in numbers (if so what numbers)? OR do I have to use the initial plot we did with [Br2] vs Absorbance (if so how do I use this)? OR is there another way I am supposed to do this? Thanks in advance I was doing so well getting through this very effectively untill this one part where I have been stuck in my tracks for sometime.

Offline Jonnyb504

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Chemical Kinetics
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
anyone?

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
Re: Chemical Kinetics
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »
Do you have any data about the rate of reaction at different concentrations of formic acid?

Sponsored Links