May 08, 2024, 04:16:21 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Please Help: CaCO3+Zn-->??  (Read 5116 times)

Offline pnonso

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Please Help: CaCO3+Zn-->??
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »
Hi guys, anyone who can tell me the products of CaCO3+Zn+Heat please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline constant thinker

• mad scientist
  • Mole Snacks: +85/-45
Re: Please Help: CaCO3+Zn-->??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:12 PM »
Number 4 on this website will help you out a lot.

I'll give you a hint on how to start also. Write out what you know for the chemical equation, and then think about what might happen.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." -Frank Sinatra

Offline pnonso

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:00:04 AM »
Always cryptic answers!  :)  .This is not homework, and though I am in my first year of chemistry, we did this unit a while back and didn't do more than 2 elements per molecule. From those lessons, I would say CaZn+ CO3 for the products, but I am pretty sure that is wrong. Which is why I am asking the question, lol. Thanks for the response though.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:19:54 AM »
Hi guys, anyone who can tell me the products of CaCO3+Zn+Heat please, it would be greatly appreciated.
Constant thinker forced you to read forum rules.
You question is unprecise. What do you mean under term "heat" - 100, 200, 1000 C or more.
Zn is unable to reduce CaCO3 during warming. Over 800 C CaCO3 decomposes to CaO and CO2. At this temperature Zn will reduce CO2 to CO.
AWK

Sponsored Links