May 09, 2024, 07:52:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Extension reaction kinetic in HYSYS  (Read 498 times)

Offline Zsolt Ulbert

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Extension reaction kinetic in HYSYS
« on: March 30, 2024, 06:20:39 AM »
Hi!
In a HYSYS simulation task, I would like to use my own defined reaction kinetics for all 36 reactions by defining an extension reaction kinetics. ASPEN knowledge center gives an example, including a visual basic code, on how to prepare an extension reaction kinetics:
https://knowledgecenter.aspentech.com/item/kb/kA04P0000010wZTSAY?idx=1&AT_EPReference=Aspen%20HYSYS&AT_EVReference=14

In the visual basic code, the reaction and all the reactants are defined directly, so they cannot be chosen by the user as usual. When I open the property window of reaction Rxn-1 (see the attached picture) I can see the reactant names and their Stoic. Coefficients. However, defining the reaction and reactants in this way the extension reaction kinetic cannot be used generally (for all reactions). Does this mean that I have to define a separate extension reaction kinetics for all reactions i.e. I cannot use the same extension kinetics for all reactions?   
An additional problem is that the extension reaction kinetic Container ( HYSYS.ExtnKineticReactionContainer) has no member for the component's forward and reverse order, as a consequence, there are no cells allocated in the Rxn-1 window for component's orders.
Do you have any idea how to define a general extension reaction kinetic usable for all reactions?

Thank you,
Zsolt

Sponsored Links