May 16, 2024, 08:14:44 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Obsession and Mainstream Media  (Read 3103 times)

Offline BrahmaBull9813

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Obsession and Mainstream Media
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
I guess this isn't like the general discussion board seen in most other kinds of hobby related forums. (eg. Insult Thread - Insult the poster above you)

I want to get myself to stop using those hobby related forums, and get myself into the habit of using forums designated to furthering my understanding in stuffs related to what I'm studying, so I figure that this is a good gateway to get myself academically addicted.

So, onto the post.

The media's very much pervasive where I am based (USA) and it's growing in other countries as well. I was studying in India in '09-'10, and I found that even in a county that's not as considerably developed, the pop-culture is booming especially in major cities.

However, the prospect is that this looming and ubiquitous force doesn't do much more than glamorize a select few people and drive all those wanting to be in that kind of position insane.

I know, with Bieber Fever, and the never-ending reality show craze taking over society in these parts, that it's corroding at the intelligence of the society as a complete entity. People spend more time fantasizing about getting power, obtaining status, acquiring wealth and riches, and fermenting legacy than they do actually working towards attaining these things.

In many ways, people are becoming lazier and lazier and the spirit of society dies with that. Many complain that they wish it were the '60s, '70s, '80s, or '90s again yet they fail to see how they're responsible for craving retro-anything. Those generations had many leaders, and true leaders, who motivated and inspired people to forge their own paths themselves.

During this era, a dark age is hovering over us, and many people are succumbing to simply becoming followers to pseudo-idols and leaders. While society's gaining an open mind, it's also losing a personality and falling to addiction.

So what are your thoughts, ideas, and arguments? Do many of you here agree with this cynical yet observant thought of mine?

Sponsored Links