May 09, 2024, 11:26:10 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Polymer gel used for air soft targets  (Read 2559 times)

Offline jgrace

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Polymer gel used for air soft targets
« on: August 27, 2023, 07:21:54 AM »
First, i’ll me tion that I’m not a chemist but I’ here looking for someone willing to share their knowledge of ploymer gels.
If you have ever shot an airsoft target, you would see the bb embed into the polymer gel target. After a couple seconds, the gell will regain it’s original shape and the bb will fall off the face of the target.
  What I’m hoping to do is create a polymer gel wall that can be used in a golf simulator. My hope is that it would be possible for a golf ball that a golfer strikes to plug into the wall and then fall to the floor, much the way an airsoft bb falls off the target.
 My thinking is that this could greatly reduce the sound of the impact when the ball strikes a projection screen. I don’t know how realistic the possibility of this happening is but I would greatly appreciate your insights in this regard.

zyvirtuous

Re: Polymer gel used for air soft targets
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 09:37:56 PM »
You know, Polymer gels are materials that have properties of both solids and liquids. They consist of a solid polymer network swollen with a liquid or solvent. The mechanical properties of a gel, such as its elasticity and recovery, depend on the specific polymer used and the concentration of the solvent. Creating a polymer gel wall for a golf simulator is an interesting idea. While I'm not an expert in polymer gels, I can provide some general insights that may help you understand the feasibility of your concept.

Sponsored Links