May 08, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Aliphatic Solvents  (Read 3060 times)

Offline blake_jl

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
Aliphatic Solvents
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:28:04 AM »
Hello,

For those of you who don't know, I am making a paste wax for waxing cars. The project is complete, but I am hoping to improve on something.

The formula uses aliphatic solvents, and basically, they stink. I have tried Exxsol D40, Exxsol D80, Shellsol T, Shell D60. Some aren't as bad as the others (Shellsol T smells off) but they all still leave that kero smell, even though they are considered low odour or "odourless". Not even fragrance oils hide it. The smell still breaks through.

Other paste waxes I have used all have solvents in their formula. I know now because I have made one and I can tell. But these professionally made ones don't have the odour (at least the premium ones don't) so there must be a way to remove the smell? Or maybe they know of a solvent to use that I don't know about that doesn't smell at all.

Any help, advice, web links appreciated. I have spent hours Googling already but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I will seriously send anyone who helps me solve this problem a free tub of wax! LOL

Thank you.

Sponsored Links