May 17, 2024, 01:04:32 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: removing N2 from water in industry  (Read 2989 times)

Offline BARAJAN

• Mole Snacks: +2/-18
removing N2 from water in industry
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
hi friends
do you know any industrial way (cheap and simple) to remove azote from water in wide measure for example 1 hectar.
thanks for your help

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: removing N2 from water in industry
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:04 PM »
There are a number of methods, but a clearer view of your application is needed.  Do you truly mean you have to remove nitrogen, as in azote, as in N2, the fairly inert atmospheric gas?  Or do you mean you have to remove fixed nitrogen, from say, a water water stream, to avoid eutrophication?  Or something else?
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline BARAJAN

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »
There are a number of methods, but a clearer view of your application is needed.  Do you truly mean you have to remove nitrogen, as in azote, as in N2, the fairly inert atmospheric gas?  Or do you mean you have to remove fixed nitrogen, from say, a water water stream, to avoid eutrophication?  Or something else?
thanks for the reply, I want to remove N2 from water for fishery. so I have to concern about enviromental pollution and pisciculture conditions

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 06:52:17 AM »
Then you don't want to remove N2 or nitrogen gas, because they aren't the problem.  Some jargon would call for "removing nitrogen", but you should say it more clearly, in a chemistry discussion, that you want to remove nitrogen compounds, specifically for waste water release.

Your problem is not trivial.  The removal is very expensive, particularly because it involves large volumes, over long periods of time.  You will have to describe you application completely -- and please, all at once, not one fact per message posting.  What is your input source?  One hectare is an area, and fluids are measured by volume -- even if you can disperse the liquid over a hectare, you will need to describe a depth, even if you're not talking about a tank of yours, you will have to account for soil percolation and/or dilution volume.  And you're going to have to know to what standards you have to clean this water -- no point in spending money cleaning it better than you need.  And what sort of costs can you afford, anyway?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:58:52 PM by Arkcon »
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline BARAJAN

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »
the problem is a question from one of my friends and I don't have more information about that. he is trying to find the best I am trying to help him as one of his friends, although you are right, he did not give us more information.

Sponsored Links