May 16, 2024, 05:03:35 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I am 40 and need a Bachelors Degree….any suggestions?  (Read 9403 times)

Offline Fernando

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am 40 and need a Bachelors Degree….any suggestions?
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
Hey I am 40 and this is getting on my nerves …I need an Online Bachelors degree to make my life and family secure. I have been working as an electronic technician for 20 years. I have also spent 10 years as a labor representative (Union). Now I am tired of watching other’s with any kind of B. degree move ahead and not me. I do not need an Engineering degree. Just something that says B. degree on it. My company does not have a generous tuition reimbursement. I also need my degree fast…I am not getting any younger. All this is making my family worried about me. I have info about online B.degrees but need accredited ones to earn a better future. It would be pleasant of you folks if you can provide me with useful inputs. I know that there are options like PU, Ashford …but can you suggest some more to make me decide better considering the finance issue.

Offline Arkcon

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +533/-147
Re: I am 40 and need a Bachelors Degree….any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »
Well, there's two ways we can narrow down your search.  We could ask you, what do you like, and pick a Bachelors degree around it, but that's not the way to job security, which is what you're really looking for.  Lat's try this angle, the people you know, in your industry, getting ahead with a Bachelor's degree -- what is the degree in?  Do you talk to them about technical topics, and do they have good answers, and do you like the dialog you're having?  That could well be the major for you.  Then you'll have to see where to go to fit cost and time into your schedule.
Hey, I'm not judging.  I just like to shoot straight.  I'm a man of science.

Offline TaSt3MyRa1nBoW

• Mole Snacks: +9/-543
    • TASTE MY RAINBOW BITCHES!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
You should check out DEVRY's EET bachelor's degrees.  I am not sure if they are online, but hey, if nursing is online, EET(electronics engineering) should be. plus, im sure with your experience, you have seen it before but just need a piece of paper to prove it. Devry is a great school for tekkies, and you will honestly learn a lot. plus, people in the IT/EET world respect Devry's credibility. STAY AWAY FROM AIU or PHOENIX. they are both garbage. i worked for their "admissions" department, and it is all a scam. crappy itineraries, and about to lose their accreditation  because they rip people off.
*Yes I Crank It Everyday, Haterz Get Mad Cuz...I Got Me Some Bathin Apes!

Offline diablo

• Mole Snacks: +1/-6
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
go to poland, pay like i don't know 1000 bugs and you'll get your Bsc ;D

Nah, i think your experience (20years) should be > than a newbie with bachelor degree?

greets
diablooo

Offline Polleke

• Mole Snacks: +10/-12
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »
go to poland, pay like i don't know 1000 bugs and you'll get your Bsc ;D

Nah, i think your experience (20years) should be > than a newbie with bachelor degree?

greets
diablooo

I do not know how it is in other countries, but in belgium , they always look at your degree before they look at your experience...
So a rookie with no exp but a degree will get a certain job that another person with 20 years of exp in the field but no degree will not get.

First degree, then exp...

Sadly but true.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
go to poland, pay like i don't know 1000 bugs and you'll get your Bsc

Just remember - what you get is what you paid for. No idea where is poland, but sure they have interesting currency.

However, if you will decide to come to Poland, it will be much more expensive. You will have to pay in PLN, no problems with exchange though, although PLN is very strong right now, so it is most likely not the best moment to try. Probably also degree will be worth much more.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links