May 21, 2024, 11:27:56 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How does MDMA affect the body physiologically and phychologically?  (Read 6794 times)

Panda01

I am doing a Drugs and Society schoolbased assignment and I have chosen to do MDMA (Ecstasy). I have been gathering up knowledge on it and i was wondering what the experts here have to offer. The specific question that I am researching right now is as the topic states:

How does MDMA affect the body physiologically and phychologically?

I appreciate your help  :)

Offline Qazzian

• Mole Snacks: +13/-6
  • Text? We don't need no stinking text!
Re:How does MDMA affect the body physiologically and phychologically?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »
Well, what have you found so far? I don't think we want to give you repeat information. And we also want to make sure we're not doing your project for you ;)
Biochemistry student. Third Year. University of Waterloo. Canada.

Hire Co-Op!

Offline madscientist

• Mole Snacks: +14/-7
  • University of New England Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:12:01 AM »
put simply it fu$%s you up bigtime!!

PHSYCHOLOGICAL:
It causes all of the brains seratonin to be released in one hit, seretonin being the feel good chemical of the brain, this depleation can cause depression for days, weeks... after consuming the drug.

PHYSIOLOGICAL:
it can cause liver/kidney damage, overheats the body,heart palputations...death!!!

nothing in this world comes without a price, so where there is a high there must be a low.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.

Panda01

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 11:38:49 PM »
Thanks mate, that little bit of information is very helpfull.

The assignment is pretty much completed now and thanks for all the help  :)

Offline asalam

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
put simply it fu$%s you up bigtime!!

PHSYCHOLOGICAL:
It causes all of the brains seratonin to be released in one hit, seretonin being the feel good chemical of the brain, this depleation can cause depression for days, weeks... after consuming the drug.

PHYSIOLOGICAL:
it can cause liver/kidney damage, overheats the body,heart palputations...death!!!

nothing in this world comes without a price, so where there is a high there must be a low.

Psychological statement isnt entirely true, one hit does not induce all of the seratonin release, i believe in a controlled environment it can be used for the opposite effect, to kick start seratonin release helping cure depression. In small doses it releases high but not levels enough to make days of depression.

Also going by current research and analysis, the nuero toxic affects were recently disproved and its mainly due to the mix of other drugs, alcohol, staying up, dancing etc that makes you tired.

Sponsored Links