May 05, 2024, 07:04:58 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Analytical recovery method questions  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Turk

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Analytical recovery method questions
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Hey guys,

I have this question in my hw

Instead of plotting concentration found, the results are normalized to the actual known concentration, and a ratio is plotted.  Another term for this calculation is analytical recovery. The definition of analytical recovery is the proportion of the amount of analyte, present in or added to the analytical portion of the test material, which is extracted and presented for measurement. Using the term analytical recovery, describe what it would mean for a point to fall exactly on the value (1.0, 1.0).

Anyway, i have this chart where it gives me micrograms of analyte to gram of soil.

My understanding is if i have 2 low spikes and 2 high spikes, what does it mean when their plotted and it is 1-1

I am thinking that the amount of analyte present in the sample is equivalent to the soil in pure state. Does that make sense?

Offline fledarmus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-28
Re: Analytical recovery method questions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
I think they're looking for something a little more basic than that. If "...the amount of analyte present in the sample is equivalent to the [amount of analyte present in the] soil...", what does that imply about the efficiency of the method you used to extract the analyte from the soil?

Sponsored Links