May 21, 2024, 09:35:06 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: synthesis  (Read 2718 times)

Offline curious911

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
synthesis
« on: December 05, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
How do you outline a Synthesis of the molecule below starting from benzene and alcohols containing one or two carbon atoms. Use any reagents you need (acids, bases, halogenation or dehydrogenation reagents etc.)
Thanks!

Offline curious911

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
synthesis
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »
How do you outline a synthesis of the molecule below starting from benzene and alcohols containing one or two carbon atoms. Use any reagents you need (acids, bases, halogenation or dehydrogenation reagents etc.)

Sorry for the repitition, but for some reason i can no longer modify the post before this one

attempted naming the compound... so far what i have is "2-benzoyl-1-nitrophenyl acetylene" but i dunno how right that is

i know the mechanism to get the nitrophenyl (nitration of benzene?), and i know the friedel-craft acylation is used here somewhere. i'm just not sure how to cause both the nitrophenyl group and the benzoyl group to attach to the triple bond.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:39:01 PM by curious911 »

Offline Ulfsaar

• Mole Snacks: +2/-0
Re: synthesis
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:50:56 PM »
I have a solution,but the question is why must we use alochol?? i use the reagent contains C1-C4,but i don't use the alcohol .Sorry...

Sponsored Links