May 17, 2024, 03:05:18 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Concentration and pH  (Read 2948 times)

Offline CINNNDY

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Concentration and pH
« on: January 02, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »
Hi everyone, i guess i'm here because i need help with my chemistry homework.  I have a few questions that i am not sure about, and it would be great if i could get help. Any help would be really good! Thank you in advance.

Q1: 20.0 ml of 0.10M HCl is added to 20.0 ml of an unknown solution.  The pH of the resulting mixture is measured and found to be 2.0.  What is the unknown solution?

Q2: 1 g of each of the following substances is dissolved in 1 L of water.  In which one would the pH of the resultant solution be closest to 7?
H2SO4, NH3, NaHSO4, or NaCl

Q3: Equal masses of each of the following substances are dissolved in seperate samples of water to give 500 ml of a solution.  Which substance would produce the solution with the lowest pH?
NH3, HCl, HNO3, or HClO4

Q4: 10-2 mole of HCl is added to exactly 1.00 L of pure water at 25 degrees.  What is the change in pH of the water?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Concentration and pH
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:55 AM »
Please read forum rules.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline cliverlong

• Mole Snacks: +60/-14
Re: Concentration and pH
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
Hi everyone, i guess i'm here because i need help with my chemistry homework.  I have a few questions that i am not sure about, and it would be great if i could get help. Any help would be really good! Thank you in advance.

Q1: 20.0 ml of 0.10M HCl is added to 20.0 ml of an unknown solution.  The pH of the resulting mixture is measured and found to be 2.0.  What is the unknown solution?
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=9037.0

How is concentration measured and calculated?
How is pH calculated?
Q2: 1 g of each of the following substances is dissolved in 1 L of water.  In which one would the pH of the resultant solution be closest to 7?
H2SO4, NH3, NaHSO4, or NaCl
What is an acid, what is a base?
What is a weak acid, what is a weak base?
What is the pH of an acid? What is the pH of a base?
Q3: Equal masses of each of the following substances are dissolved in seperate samples of water to give 500 ml of a solution.  Which substance would produce the solution with the lowest pH?
NH3, HCl, HNO3, or HClO4
What is an acid, what is a base?
What is a weak acid, what is a weak base?
What is the pH of an acid? What is the pH of a base?
Q4: 10-2 mole of HCl is added to exactly 1.00 L of pure water at 25 degrees.  What is the change in pH of the water?
How is concentration measured and calculated?
How is pH calculated?

Clive

Sponsored Links