Specialty Chemistry Forums > Biochemistry and Chemical Biology Forum

Analyzing protein sample via UV-Vis

(1/2) > >>

Soulja:
Hey all,

I am working on a project involving an extraction of an allergen protein. I was able to extract it from the raw source, and it is currently in a freezer. My work requires me to analyze it via several methods of analysis. I am having trouble running my protein via UV-Vis; the main problem being that my protein just doesn't seem to be soluble in any solvents I use. So far I've tried acetone and methanol (which was used in the extraction process), but i've had no luck with sonication and stirring. Does anyone have any potential suggestions?

THanks.

jeffmoonchop:
How about water?

Orcio_87:
Water may not help if the methanol denatured the protein.

Corribus:
What are you hoping that UV-Vis will tell you?

Soulja:
Hey all,

I am working on a project involving an extraction of an allergen protein. I was able to extract it from the raw source, and it is currently in a freezer. My work requires me to analyze it via several methods of analysis. I am having trouble running my protein via UV-Vis; the main problem being that my protein just doesn't seem to be soluble in any solvents I use. So far I've tried acetone and methanol (which was used in the extraction process), but i've had no luck with sonication and stirring. Does anyone have any potential suggestions?

THanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version