May 15, 2024, 12:19:46 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemical Composition of the human body. Don't know if this was done before.  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Micalasshole

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I'm trying to figure out the chemical composition of a 250lb body and need some help
badly so please help?

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
Have you tried searching Google for "elemental abundance in human body"
Individual results may vary

Offline Micalasshole

no i haven't thanks for telling me.

Offline Micalasshole

Just looked up didn't give me any info that i didn't know. Is there a formula for it or something like that?

Offline Honclbrif

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +58/-10
What is it exactly that you need to know? "Chemical Composition of the human body" is pretty broad.
Individual results may vary

Offline Jerry

Just looked up didn't give me any info that i didn't know. Is there a formula for it or something like that?

A formula that is true for every bond involved with the human body...no.

If you are looking for the chemical composition written in a "chemical equation" format...look up the % composition by each atom... convert the body mass into easily usable units, then use the % by mass to figure in the total number of atoms involved... but you are going to be getting absurdly large values, and what point this question serves is unknown to me.

A little more specificity would go a long ways.

Offline Micalasshole

Dude with the last comment, you got me confused. Being specific is't easy for me so i went with one that was easy for me to write down on here. Okay this is far harder then i thought it would be.

Offline vmelkon

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +28/-10
Here you go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_the_chemical_elements#Human_body_elemental_abundance

Notice that the proportions are by mass and hydrogen is only 10% because of it, although there are a lot of hydrogen atoms in our body.

If you are looking for the various molecule names, then I have no idea. There are a lot of proteins, peptides, sugars, the stuff that make up cell walls, enzymes, hormones and of course, H2O and CO2, O2, N2, .

Sponsored Links