May 31, 2024, 12:42:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: DAB for HRP detection in an ELISA  (Read 8228 times)

Offline sani

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
DAB for HRP detection in an ELISA
« on: November 12, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »
hello!

Has anyone used DAB (3,3' Diaminobenzidine tetrahydrochloride) used as a substrate to detect HRP in an ELISA? I already found out that the colour changes to brown, so it's a colourimetric dection and I can measure the Absorption @ 450 nm afterwards. If I have the powder only, what concentration do I need to make up and in what buffer and can I then just store aliquots @ -20C?

thanks, Sani

Offline pgenz

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: DAB for HRP detection in an ELISA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »
I only have experience of HRP detection using a substrate such as TMB (3,3’,5,5’-tetramethylbenzidine) and hydrogen peroxide. I have used this previously and found it relatively easy to work with. Normally the range of addition is 50ul to 150ul but you must first carry out a calibration to determine what the desired max absorbance and min absorbance for detection is required. I used this in combination with a H2SO4 stop solution and read at 450nm.  Ideally the difference between the two values should be near 1 once optimized. I.e absorbance at 450nm at highest concentration on calibration scale; 1.45 lower range 0.45 etc.

Sponsored Links