May 08, 2024, 12:47:48 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: nanoliposome preparation protocol  (Read 563 times)

Offline mana

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
nanoliposome preparation protocol
« on: February 06, 2024, 04:34:26 AM »
hi all
I can't understand this protocol exactly:
Phospholipid, cholesterol, Tween 80, and tea polyphenols were mixed in a mass ratio of 8:1.2:2:1. The mixture (40 mg/mL phospholipid) was well dissolved in absolute ethanol and quickly injected into the same volume of phosphate-buļ¬€ered saline (PBS; pH 6.0, 0.05 M).

all these materials are solid, as it seems all the solid material must be mixed by the reported ratio (8:1.2:2:1. ) my question is what does The mixture (40 mg/mL phospholipid) mean? as I undesrtood we don't have any solution up to here, I would be grateful if you help
Phospholipid, cholesterol, Tween 80, and tea polyphenols were mixed in a mass ratio of 8:1.2:2:1. The mixture (40
mg/mL phospholipid)

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: nanoliposome preparation protocol
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 05:13:57 AM »
In general mixture can be anything - solution, suspension, even just a solid mix of powders or an alloy.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +323/-23
Re: nanoliposome preparation protocol
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 10:54:12 AM »
My reading of this paragraph is that the solids are weighed out and dissolved in ethanol to make a solution at the specified concentration of phospholipid.

Sponsored Links