May 07, 2024, 04:55:01 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Homework Help for Tomorrow -- HNMR/IR  (Read 2643 times)

Offline purple urkeL

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Homework Help for Tomorrow -- HNMR/IR
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
It's an open note, open book, work with friends type assignment:

The HW is attached.
For 1a) 3
For 1b) I got heptet on the H, Doublet on the CH3's, and Singlet on the other H3C
For 1c) I wasn't sure what this meant, but I put the number of H's under each one. So the doublet was 6H the Heptet was 1H and the singlet was 3H.

For 2a) I didn't understand why the teacher didn't put anything in the IR for this one. Every time I was to draw the proposed structure, there must be an OH bond. Is that right?

I did not no how to do 2d because the whole multiplet with chemical shift at 7.28 is confusing me. I feel like it has to be an aryl, but I don't get how you get the 5 H's that are together in the aryl. (an aryl is a 6 carbon ring with alternating double bonds right?)
I also had trouble with 2h, 2j, and 2m. With any of the other ones with 7.xx chemical shifts I just used the aryl and tried it, but was very confused with 2m.
For 3, in order from the top IR i did F, A, D. I am unclear on the first two, only recognizing carbonyl groups. I don't know the other functional groups to recognize on there. For the Last one I am pretty confident with D, I recognized the OH as an alcohol on the graph and the C=O, and I think those were the only 2 major functional groups.

I will appreciate any help, and I think it might be easier to IM me. I will be at my computer for the next couple hours. Please *delete me*
IM: Sicwithit49

Appreciate any *delete me*

Offline purple urkeL

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Homework Help for Tomorrow -- HNMR/IR
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »
for number 2:
I only have two questions instead of all of those others - just 2h, and 2j. I figured out the rest for number 2.

Sponsored Links