Chemistry Forums for Students > Organic Chemistry Forum for Graduate Students and Professionals

Suzuki coupling problem...

(1/4) > >>

Hachiko:
I am doing Suzuki coupling reaction like this reaction, but I cannot verify where is my desired product. So Does anyone have  experience with this kind of reaction with the same starting materials? the starting materials are thiophene pinacol ester and dibromo benzothiadiazole
Sorry I am new here so I dont know how to insert picture..

rolnor:
Can you run TLC? LC-MS?

Hachiko:
I only run TLC, in solvent system of hexane and ethyl acetate, the Rf of pinacol ~0.7 and Dibromo benzothiadiazole ~ 0.25 and crude product TLC shows 2 strong spot in Rf~ 0.35 and 0.9, the starting materials nearly disappear. I got the spot at 0.35 for NMR but it wasn't my product. And the spot at 0.9 I doubt it is product from homo coupling. So I dont know where my product is.

wildfyr:
Could you be getting bis functionalization? Is the mono coupled perhaps more reactive than the starting material which drives the product all the way to entirely bis?

Hachiko:
My product doesn't have ability to coupling or forming bis functionalization, the homo-coupling happens with the pinacol ester sometimes (just by reaction), but all of my starting materials seem to disappear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version