I am in a community college chemistry class and have an assignment I would like checked before I turn it in. I would greatly appreciate the confirmation/possible needed corrections. I have spent hours on this going back and forth on a couple of questions. Thank you.
1) When 56.6g of calcium is reacted with nitrogen gas, 32.4g of calcium nitride is produced. What is the % yield for this reaction?
Choices: 15.6%, 46.5%, 78.4% or 94.3%. I selected 15.6%.
This is the balanced formulat for the following questions. 2NH3 + 3CuO -> 3Cu + 3H2O.
2) What element is reduced in this equation?
Choices: Cu, N, O, or H. I selected Cu.
3) 18 g of NH3 is mixed with 90 g of CuO. How many moles of NH3 are present?
Choices: 2, 1, 0.5, 1.5. I selected 1.
4) 18 g of NH3 is mixed with 90 g of CuO. How many moles of CuO are present?
Choices: 1, 0.5, 2, 3. I selected 1 again.
5) 18 g of NH3 is mixed with 90 g of CuO. What is the limiting reactant?
Choices: CuO or NH3. I selected CuO.