March 29, 2024, 08:58:44 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How to remove fluids from surfaces  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Dan_738

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How to remove fluids from surfaces
« on: August 10, 2019, 05:54:00 AM »
Hello,

I am currently bussy with a startup to trauma clean crime scenes and suicides.

I am trying to find some chemicals that will dissolve and completly remove the blood from I.e wood, carpet, chain stitches, concrete floors.

I've been searching for a while now, but keep on getting the same response with: 1.Clean the stain with a sponge soaked in cool water or flush with a high-pressure garden hose. ...
2.Use a solution of water and dish or laundry detergent to treat the blood. ...
3.Clean blood stained area with an oxygen bleach. ...
4.Use chlorine bleach to remove blood

For what I've read is that chlorine bleach will dissolve the colour of the blood (the heem?), this means that there is still organic material on and in the surface. Also chlorine bleach will not clean deep into the surface.

Is there a chemical that will remove all the orangic material of blood deep out of a surface? Maybe it a chemical that will foam when it reacts with the blood and it effervesce all the blood out of the surface/material?

Do you have any suggestions for a chemical? I can order a lot of different types of chemicals because we have a licence.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I.do not have a degree in chemistery but I would love to hear the reactions these chemicals will creat, because them I could learn a little bit about these chemicals them self.

Offline jeffmoonchop

• Mole Snacks: +37/-5
Re: How to remove fluids from surfaces
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 11:27:17 PM »
it sounds a bit like you're trying to clean up a murder you committed. and how would we know? if the scene has been used as evidence already, why does it matter about the trace amounts of organic material, as long as they cant be seen with the naked eye?

Offline Dan_738

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 03:35:00 AM »
it sounds a bit like you're trying to clean up a murder you committed. and how would we know? if the scene has been used as evidence already, why does it matter about the trace amounts of organic material, as long as they cant be seen with the naked eye

When you clean a apartment for a housing association when a person was in a bed for 10weeks his or her dead their body starts to leak body fluids into the floor. The housing association wants to put the apartment up for rent again. When there is still bacteria and other harmfull things in the  floor it could be a potential biohazerd for the new residents.

English is not my first language so I might have given a wrong explanation. The place where the body fluids have leaked into the floor has to be completely bacteria free, so there is nothing where bacteria can grow, that there is nothjng what makes it smell again, and that you can't see the blood. I want to make it as safe as possible for the people. I do not know (I thought it was) if this means to remove every organic material on that place.

So it just has to be completely safe (also the inside of the floor (for whenever some decides to break down the floor for a new one).

I hope this helps a bit more.

Daan

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 03:13:06 AM »
Rather than hypochlorites (bleach), which are dangerous for non-chemists, I use so-called percarbonate. It leaves no persistent odour, further advantage over hypochlorites. You find it in shops, at least where I live. It's a powder that you can dissolve as a paste or solution. Some include tensides and other soaps, I like them less as they smell. Percarbonate itself doesn't.

The reactions involved are too complex to be detailed nor known. At most, a chemist could tell general things like "reacts with double bonds, destroying the colour". Every single cell of a living organism is too varied to tell a reaction for every chemical in it.

Bleach can act by its chlorine or its oxygen. Both a deadly to bacteria. Percarbonate acts by its oxygen. They are very general germicides, like soap but better. If all surfaces are cleaned with such a germicide, I wouldn't personally worry about biohazard. It's more a matter of leaving no surface untreated. All intentional colours like paints will fade too in the process.

I didn't grasp what should occur in depth. Are there porous surfaces? For fabrics, just put them in water with a germicide.

Strong measures are needed against very infectious diseases like cholera. You might ask people like MSF how they disinfect in this context; my bet is just bleach everywhere. People carrying autopsies also deal with old corpses, they may give good advice too.

Sponsored Links