Chemistry Forums for Students > Organic Chemistry Forum

2-aminobenzimidazoles

(1/2) > >>

falcon:
People!
Whether you know about selective alkylation (endo/exo - nitrogen) of these compounds?

movies:
The exo nitrogen is less acidic but more nucleophilic.  It should be possible to alkylate one in the presence of the other.  To alkylate the exo one, use an electrophilic alkylating agent that doesn't require a strong base.  For the endocyclic nitrogen, use a strong base followed by a moderate electrophile.

falcon:
For my scientific work it is necessary two substances.
N-(benzimidazol-2-yl)glicine and N-(benzimidazol-2-yl)ethylenediamine.
As I have understood, it is necessary to lead reaction between 2-aminobenzimidazole and chloroacetic acid in presents AcONa in EtOH.
As for reaction leading to N-(benzimidazol-2-yl)ethylenediamine, I think that hydrobromide 2-bromoethyamine approaches as alkylating agent?

movies:
Yeah, that would probably work.  Are you purchasing the 2-amino benzimidazole?  It might be better to bring in the ethyl amine fragment when you make the imidazole ring, but I'm not sure.

falcon:
2-aminobenzimidazole I shall do (As to me it has been told - "O-o!, You like a science? - these are your problems and your money"  :-\ :))
As to construction benzimidazole ring with already available (ethyamino)group, there is one variant.
But at last stage N-acetylethylenediamine can leave  instead of ammonia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version