April 20, 2024, 05:15:52 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hello! I have some ideas worth critique and any would be welcome!  (Read 936 times)

Offline PillowFaceMcGee

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello! For my highschool maturity job, which can add an extra 0.25 points to my exam total, I have several interesting ideas which could work but I can't seem them to make them logically work. I'll try to list them and any critique would be more than welcome! If you have any ideas of what I could do instead, than that's even better, all help is welcome!

• Synthesis of methyl salicylate (wintergreen oil, minty perfume) (difficulty of making it work with a useful topic)
  • Synthesis of benzaldehyde (smells like almonds, solvent?) (difficulty making it work with basically with any topic, maybe something correlating solvents?)
  • Windshield rain repellent (isopropyl alcohol mixture spray) (too easy to just buy the alcohol (maybe?), synthesis would be ideal but through my research, it's mostly just industrial, not lab scale or cheap)

Please post any suggestions of your own ideas if you can, all help is appreciated! Thank you!

Offline Fantarics

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Hello! I have some ideas worth critique and any would be welcome!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »
You haven't specified this so called "maturity job". What are the criterions? What should it be? A lab? A research? Not clear for me

Sponsored Links