Specialty Chemistry Forums > Biochemistry and Chemical Biology Forum

Quetiapine and immunoglobulin G

(1/2) > >>

Blackbox:
Hoping someone can give me an idea of what likely reactions would take place between seroquel (quetiapine), a thiazepine, and an immunoglobulin G (not sure of exact one), under physiological conditions.

I'm hoping to find out in general what interactions/reactions are likely to occur, if they are reversible, and what if anything might disrupt the interactions.

Babcock_Hall:
What are your thoughts so far?

hollytara:
Do antibodies recognize small molecules?

Blackbox:

--- Quote from: Babcock_Hall on September 24, 2019, 10:00:34 AM ---What are your thoughts so far?

--- End quote ---

I was considering there'd be hydrophobic interactions with some parts of the protein but wanted to find out from anyone more familiar with antibodies if there could possibly be covalent reactions taking place. 

Babcock_Hall:
Is this a homework exercise?  According to the rules of the forum (see red link above), you must show your work or provide your thoughts before we can help you.  In this case your question may be slightly more complex than it first appears, because it seems to me that the drug in question undergoes conversion in the body into another form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version