March 29, 2024, 08:02:58 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Surviving P-Chem!!  (Read 1305 times)

williamgomes

Surviving P-Chem!!
« on: September 30, 2019, 07:58:55 PM »
It's been precisely 11 days since I began this torment. Are there any online sites that have some nice examples or partial derivative equations? My calculus is rusty and it's a serious problem since that is essentially the first step in all of my homework problems and I haven't been able to even start most of them. Advice for this class? Helpful resources?

Note: I have not taken linear algebra; it was not required.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Surviving P-Chem!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:59:30 AM »
Sadly, there's no way around the math: there is a lot of it in physical chemistry. If you are struggling with the math and it's too late to take a remedial course in calculus, you may want to just buy a calculus or diff-eq intro textbook and review on your own time.

Not sure what textbook you are using for p chem but if you can pick up a (used) copy of McQuarrie and Simon, there are lots of primer modules in it on the various mathematics that you will be using throughout the course.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links