April 27, 2024, 12:06:55 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How does inorganic chemistry compare to other courses?  (Read 1045 times)

jokesapart

How does inorganic chemistry compare to other courses?
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:14:33 PM »
I'm currently taking organic chemistry, and ... I've definitely done better in other classes before. I'm doing alright, but due to the fast paced nature of a summer course, I feel like all these different types of reactions are being thrown at my face.

I'm also somewhat unsettled, because this is about the 8th major I've had, and not only do I need to stick with it if I want to graduate in a reasonable time frame, but I really want to do well. Or, at the very least, I want to learn a lot and enjoy it.

I'm super excited for pchem. I took calculus based physics I and II, and I was that jackass who ruined the curve for the 200 person lecture by consistently getting the highest score. I've taken a ridiculous number of calculus classes and done exceptionally well in them.

So... which course does inorganic more closely resemble? I'm now somewhat terrified because I thought I loved chemistry, but I'm actually really bad at organic. .. just praying that I still have hope!

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: How does inorganic chemistry compare to other courses?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
From my view, undergraduate organic chemistry is the odd-ball of the curriculum. Inorganic is more like physical or general chemistry.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links