General Forums > Comments for Staff and Comments from Staff

Daylight saving time

(1/2) > >>

Enthalpy:
Dear staff, so sorry to raise this topic... I imagine it must be a headache for any forum management, and twice a year. Anyway:

Here in CET zone, the time displayed in the messages didn't change last week as our legal time jumped from summer time to winter time. It still displays 01:06 despite the legal time is 00:06.

My settings are appended here. I've just clicked on "auto detect" meanwhile and it improved, but I feel this should go automatically.

Cheers!

Enthalpy:
Ouch, it's worse than that. On my profile, the time changed, but my message here above still claims 01:43 despite I posted on 00:43 CET.

Borek:
Yep, known problem. You can either correct things twice a year, or ignore and wait for a week (or two) - once the time on the server and your local one are both summer/winter things are OK. Unfortunately switch in different areas doesn't occur at the same time and that produces problems.

Corribus:
Can't we just get rid of this antiquated biannual nonsense and set one time and stick with it? Does it serve any purpose now?

Borek:

--- Quote from: Corribus on November 03, 2019, 11:53:01 AM ---Can't we just get rid of this antiquated biannual nonsense and set one time and stick with it? Does it serve any purpose now?

--- End quote ---

EU voted to stop daylight changes, but from what I read it ain't gonna happen fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version