March 28, 2024, 07:07:05 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Bleach and vinegar  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Karolinaaaaaa

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Bleach and vinegar
« on: November 06, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a problem.I cleaned my utility room with vinegar 10% and Mould drew spray bleach. I'm loosing my mind as I found out that this mixture is very toxic. It happened over 3hours ago. I wiped down stuff with water, put baking soda on the floor and closed the door. When will the potential gas go away? Is it safe there now?

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: Bleach and vinegar
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 05:18:59 PM »
Sola dosis facit (Paracelsus)
If household chemistry preparations have been (fairly) correctly used, they do not pose a particular threat. Alternatively, you killed some bacteria in your respiratory system. Since you wrote it from home, not from the hospital, you are not hypersensitive to chlorine (in trace amounts) or acetic acid. After using such preparations, good ventilation of the apartment will be always useful.
The body of a healthy person can neutralize small amounts of toxic substances without any damage, but it's better not to risk too often.
AWK

Offline Karolinaaaaaa

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:38:02 PM »
@awk I think I'm fine. I had a bit of a thoart irritation and now have a headache but I I think it's because of the stress.

How long does it take for the toxins to go away? I opened the window over 4 hours ago and turned the air purifier on. Is it safe now? I'm scared

I'll never use it again. Almost called 111 for help and advice..I'm panicking so much 

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
Even 1 hour is enough.
AWK

Offline Karolinaaaaaa

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 05:50:10 PM »
Oh, Thank God.

I'll leave it overnight just to be safe. Thank you, I feel calmer now, maybe I can even fell asleep

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »
As a general rule, best practice is not to mix bleach with any other cleaners.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links