Specialty Chemistry Forums > Other Sciences Question Forum

Lithium Metaborate (BLiO2)

(1/2) > >>

Cdouble35:
:D Hello everyone, First post!  Over the past week I have taken a great interest in learning the periodic table and how elements bond with each other via their electrons. I have a little obsession with the numbers 3, 5, 8 and multiples of 8. So after doing some research on my elements, their specific isotopes, math and drawing out some diagrams on how to make it work I came up with the compound BLiO2 as being seemingly perfect.

24 Protons
24 Neutrons
24 Electrons

BUT! In order for me to achieve those numbers I had to use the isotopes Boron-10, Lithium-6 and Oxygen-16.

So my question is... will this compound work with these specific isotopes? They are all stable forms of those elements so it would seem to. I am unclear on if the extra neutrons would play a factor in them bonding or not.

Thank you in advance for your help,
-Chad

chenbeier:
Chemistry bonding is a matter of electrons in outer shell. The nucleos has nothing to do with it. The compound can be made with any of the isotope from Lithiium, boron and oxygen.

AWK:
Check isotopic abundance of elements. You can easily find isotopic contents in LiBO2.
By the way: 10+6+16=22

Borek:

--- Quote from: AWK on November 08, 2019, 01:59:02 AM ---By the way: 10+6+16=22

--- End quote ---

Actually, 32.

And taking into account two atoms of oxygen in the formula, 48. Which is 24+24 (protons plus neutrons), so the OP calculations (regardless of whether they are numerology, or not) are right.

AWK:

--- Quote from: AWK on November 08, 2019, 01:59:02 AM ---By the way: 10+6+16=22

--- End quote ---
It was an early time in my country. I haven't woken up by coffee yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version