April 20, 2024, 07:27:25 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Industrial manufacture of 1,3-benzoxazol-6-amine  (Read 1470 times)

Offline muelllu

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Industrial manufacture of 1,3-benzoxazol-6-amine
« on: November 21, 2019, 10:52:17 AM »
Hello
I need to write a paper about the manufacture / industrial synthesis for the compound 1,3-benzoxazol-6-amine (6- aminobenzoxazole, CAS-Nr.: 177492-52-3). The requierment for the paper is to describe the industrial production of the given product 5 production steps back, including reactands and wasteproducts, and it doesn't matter which "way" we follow. My problem is, that i've searched for a pretty long time and haven't found anything on the Benzoxazole: I've searched for Patents (Espacenet), Reactions (ULLMANN'S Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry and Kirk-Othmer), Textbooks like Industrial Organic Chemistry by Arpe and also on Scifinder. I've found some reactions which get to the asked product, but most of them are in mmol-scale and don't suit the "requierements". In the attached picture i suggested a 5-Step-Synthesis how i would do it, but of course it's just an idea. I just can't find a suitable patent or paper which describes the manufacture of the product (the last two steps more or less).

Now the question. Does anyone have a tip for me, where and how i could find an industrial synthesis for 6-Aminobenzoxazole or how i can research more efficiently?

Thank you very much in advance.  :)

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: Industrial manufacture of 1,3-benzoxazol-6-amine
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »
6-aminobenzoxazole is a rather expensive reagent (50-400 $ / gram depending on purity and manufacturer) and no one produces it in industrial quantities. You must use existing literature procedures and increase the scale to 1-2 moles, or come up with something original. It is relatively easy to obtain a 2-amino-6 nitro derivative. Had it been possible to deaminate this derivative with good performance?
AWK

Sponsored Links