April 16, 2024, 05:11:50 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Stoichiometry Help  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Qj_Warrior

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Stoichiometry Help
« on: November 24, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
I have this Equation which is Balanced
CaCl2(s)*2H20(l)+K2CO3(aq)----->CaCO3(s)+2KCl(aq)+2H2O

Aqueous Product =Nutrient (2KCL)
Precipitate Product =CaCO3

Requirements:
1. It is vital that 90% of the precipitate is accounted for – as in, 90% is captured by the filter.
2. Need to make 2.00 g of the nutrient?

How do I figure out the mass of each of the reactants and the products mass as well?

Offline chenbeier

• Mole Snacks: +102/-22
Re: Stoichiometry Help
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:08:52 PM »
Calculate via Mole. How much Mole is 2g KCl? This correspond to the others compounds in which ratio?

Offline Qj_Warrior

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 06:00:33 PM »
Could you further clarify that or show me please it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
Your question is unclear. Fertilizers are usually mixtures.

Do you want to get a fertilizer containing 2 g KCl + CaCO3 or do you want to get 2 g fertilizer containing KCl together with unfiltered CaCO3? As for the first possible question, it is the simplest stoichiometric calculation that each textbook writes about - all you need to do is read the relevant chapter with understanding, and then do the calculations.

These two points of requirements make me understand as in the second part of the question (2g of mixture KCl + CaCO3). In the first case you will receive about 2.2 g of fertilizer containing exactly 2 g of KCl, and in the second case - 2 g of fertilizer (mixture) containing about 1.8 g of KCl.

Decide what you really need to calculate and make the appropriate calculations (numbers 2.2 and 1.8 are only estimated, but rather close to the result of your calculations)
AWK

Sponsored Links