December 12, 2019, 05:57:04 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: The definitive miraculous Rust removal and protection solution  (Read 81 times)

Offline illotio

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
The definitive miraculous Rust removal and protection solution
« on: November 25, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Hello all,

I'm opening this topic because I'm tired of seeing that many products for rust treatment out there on the market, and thousands of videos in youtube talking about which product is the best to remove rust. I think finding the best product is too chaotic and you have to invest a lot of time in it.

I would like to offer the best solution on this thread to help people and readers to easily find the best solution for their needs in a quick and clear way based on chemistry: Rust is a chemical reaction. And for that I would need the help of all of you.

I found some methods like vinegar, cocacola, citric acid... but honestly... let's get serious, we need something effective.

The quickest and most aggressive compound i found to literally dissolve rust is:
Muriatic acid or Hydrochloric Acid.
Please watch an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3T61g1mjfU

However I found a better option which is Phosphoric acid and it's less toxic than Hydrochloric acid and less dangerous, and I heard it dissolves the rust and at the same time it protects the surface.
If someone could tell me some information about it like:
What is the ideal ratio of water/acid to not to eat into the metal?
Any ideal ratio to not to cause burns on the skin but still remove rust?
What to do after applying it? Wait until it dries?
There was a guy complaining that he washed the phosphoric acid with water and this happened:
https://youtu.be/Nhvg6HBYBlU

Therefore, I'm guessing that after applying phosphoric acid and letting it dry, then you can apply some rust inhibitor on top of the metal, what would be the best chemical compound to inhibit rust?

Please let me know,

Much appreciated!

Roman.

Sponsored Links