March 29, 2024, 03:36:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Job Search in Canada  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Ariel.Mezbein

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Job Search in Canada
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »
Hello, my name is Ariel and I am a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering. Today I live in Israel and I would like to move in and work in Canada.
A little about myself - I am 26 years old and I work as a process engineer at a food company specializing in making jams, כruit-based supplements for yogurt and fillings for baking as well as chocolate based creams. have knowledge of aseptic processes, CIP cleaning processes and working under cGMP and HACCP standard.
I'd love to elaborate on myself for interested.
Thanks in advance

Offline Enthalpy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +304/-59
Re: Job Search in Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
Hi Ariel, welcome!

I haven't emigrated to Canada myself, so this is only what I checked from the potential departure country...

Canada is officially an immigration country and seeks workforce, especially qualified one. Absolutely meaningful choice.
Québec seeks particularly French speakers and has separate fairs and even consulates for that.
The visa to be employed in Canada is valid for one specified employer. Serious drawback.
In this season, have warm clothes and shoes before you board the plane.

Offline jeffmoonchop

• Mole Snacks: +37/-5
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 01:00:39 PM »
I got a job in Canada from the UK, but I married a Canadian and got myself PR which makes things easier. My background is more Chemistry/pharmaceutical development but I have a PhD so specific jobs were hard to find. I was lucky to find a great job in Vancouver. If your background is in engineering, there is a large demand for that and you may be able to apply for the fast entry visa. I'm sure there will be plenty of companies waiting for people like you, my company has a couple of people who work in manufacturing, developing large scale process, they use CIP etc. You could target process development roles and scale up etc which is actually what I do now.

Offline Ariel.Mezbein

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 03:21:22 PM »
Thank you very much :)

Sponsored Links