Specialty Chemistry Forums > Citizen Chemist

human sweat damages PTFE surface, is it possible to clean it somehow ?

<< < (2/2)

empleat:
So are there any chemicals i can use at home ? Isopropyl alcohol had no effect.

So do not use soap/dishwashing soap and water on polymer surface ? I read from manufacturer steelseries: you can clean polymer surfaces with soap and water as well cloth. But from razer, you should never ever use water on cloth,  i concur from experience.

I also read about polishing mouse skates with abrasive pads, although i don't understand how is that polishing. And it only improves friction slightly. Besides i am not dexterous with my hands. And if you don't apply same force, you can do more harm than good. So i don't think that would work out for me. But cleaning even table from dust not only mousepad, that is something i was slacking in. But still i think main problem is sweat, these spots cause majority of friction. In winter 3 months it was fine, one time at summer hand sweat and mouse instantly had insane friction.

It is so stressful. I was near pro level in pc games and i had to quit, because friction. And that i can't do anything. You would have to be like 200 iq genius calculating all these probabilities, maintaning perfect atmosphere. Reducing number of substances your mouse and mousepad comes into contact with. Maintaining you skin. Using pico technology to remove all these small things from surface, which doesn't even exists yet... Is there anything i can do ? I though maybe silicone spray...

empleat:
So is there any chemical, which can be used at home to clean spots from sweating on bottom of ptfe mouse skates ? Because i think that is major problem, more than abrasions. 3 months in winter everything fine, even one time my hand sweat and i can already tell difference !!!

Borek:
Can't think of anything better than just soft water with a bit of a detergent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version