April 20, 2024, 06:50:30 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: HELP - Food Calorimetry Investigation for my IB Extended Essay  (Read 746 times)

Offline Hanqshaw

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
HELP - Food Calorimetry Investigation for my IB Extended Essay
« on: February 18, 2020, 04:30:19 AM »
Hello! I am an IB student and for those of you who do not know what the IB is, it stands for International Baccalaureate and it's the last two years of high school. In the IB, we have to do this thing called the EE (Extended Essay) where we write a thesis/research paper of 4000 words in a particular subject. I have chosen to do Chemistry and since I want to go into Medicine, I thought it would be interesting to look into foods and nutrition. I've spent a lot of time researching and I came across Food Calorimetry which is an effective method in measuring calories of different foods. I am really interested in this but the problem is, I do not know what I should investigate in particular and what my research question should be. The level of an EE is slightly undergrad level and it needs to be something specific and uncommon. Any ideas/suggestions on what I could look at? What kind of patterns and trends I could look for? Any comment would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links