March 28, 2024, 08:17:05 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Starting Materials/Product Quantitative Measurement with 1H NMR Spectrum?  (Read 848 times)

Offline Alex1991

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello guys,

my name is Alex and i am currently doing my studies in chemistry.
I am contacting you now as i am currently doing quantitative research on my polymer synthesis, more precisely monitoring the conversion from my starting materials (monomers) to polymer and also determining how much of my starting materials i have still present.

In the attachment you will find the spectra of the polymer where you can besides the structure and reaction, also see the percentages of the starting materials still present together with % of the polymer which represents the conversion. The measurements were done by a lab technician from a separated NMR department.

The problem is now, that the lab technician doesn't know exactly how do the equations for the calculation of % of polymer or remaining starting materials looks like as he is using a special program to do that, where he just selects the peaks belonging to different structures.

As I would like to understand how this is done, could you please help me and explain to me how this is done and if it is not too much to ask, write the equations which you think are used for this calculations?

Thank you very much for your answer!
Best regards,
Alex

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Topic locked
We do not double post on the forum
See forum rules

duplicate at
https://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=103539.0

Sponsored Links