March 28, 2024, 06:20:02 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Best way to study Pre-AP chem/HS intro chem before AP Chem for USNCO?  (Read 748 times)

Offline NeonKraken

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I'm beginning the process of self studying chemistry to get ahead of my classes next year so I can prepare for USNCO. I am wondering what a quick and efficient way to study chemistry at a Pre-AP highschool level that will prepare me for studying AP Chem is. I do have some experience with introductory chemistry from middle school.

I'm wondering if I should go the textbook, some sort of online course, or khan academy route, or a combination of all three. Either way, I'm planning on taking notes from the material and taking the quizzes if provided, and if any memorization is required I will make flashcards with Anki. Does this sound good?

I'm pretty motivated and since schoolwork is light and summer is right around the corner I'm willing to put in up to a few hours a day. I want to get to AP Chem material as fast as possible but I also want to make sure I fully comprehend everything,

I have a relative who homeschooed highschool intro chem as well as AP chem who has most of the lab materials left over and is willing to send me them. I understand many of the labs can be crucial to understanding.

If anyone has any other advice about going about this I would really appreciate it!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Best way to study Pre-AP chem/HS intro chem before AP Chem for USNCO?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:15:40 AM »
There is no "one size fits all" solution, it is pretty individual.

Go with what you know works for you from the past. I would concentrate on doing as many problems as possible - seeing things in context of their application always made me understand them better and intertwined, not as individual facts. But that's me.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links