April 19, 2024, 07:43:31 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Need help for balancing chemical equation  (Read 2485 times)

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
Re: Need help for balancing chemical equation
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 01:14:41 PM »
Nitrogen is not involved in the combustion reaction. It can be calculated on the basis of the number of oxygen moles.
AWK

Offline Nadee

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »
Nitrogen is not involved in the combustion reaction. It can be calculated on the basis of the number of oxygen moles.
Dear AWK,

OK, I will try calculating without Nitrogen and will come back to you soon now. Thank you for cooperating.

Kind regards

Offline Nadee

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 01:43:13 PM »
Dear AWK,

So, what I realized that even if I remove Nitrogen, it is not affecting Oxygen molecules in any way, the only difference I got in the reaction equation is the ''total'' value in ''kg'' got reduced because of elimination of Nitrogen and still the CO2 is more than 8 Kg. I think that is the only way to do reaction equations.
But atleast tell me whether the procedure I did for calculating reactions is correct or not ? It is more important to know for me at the moment, if I am calculating wrong, I can correct it.
And to calculate flame temperature, do I have to add these ''total'' values from all 3 equations together ??

Kind regards

Sponsored Links