So they sent me a lot of exercises to be able to do a recovery exam for 1st and 2nd trimester of P&C and I don't understand these ones, thank so much beforehand:
1. A gas exerts pressure of 2 atm when its temperature is 0 ºC. What will its temperature be if the pressure is 2.5 atm and the volume is the same?
2. We put a gas with a pressure of 2 atm at 50 ºC into a 15 L container. Determine what the volume of the container will be if we heat it to 100 ºC and we let the pressure increase to 3 atm.
3. A gas occupies a volume of 20 L and exerts a pressure of 3 atm when its temperature is 27 ºC. What will its temperature be if the volume of the container is reduced to 8 L and the pressure exerted by the gass is 5 atm?
4. A small 750 cm3 gas cylinder contains carbon dioxide that exerts a pressure of 1000 mmHg when its temperature is 30 ºC. What will the pressure be if all of the gas is transferred to a 3 L gas cylinder and it is left to reach a temperature of 100 ºC?
5. A gas undergoes a transformation from state 1 to state 2. Is it possible that both its pressure and volume increase? What must happen to its temperature?
6. Explain these facts using the kinetic theory of gases:
a) Squeezing a balloon can cause it to burst.
b) If a balloon floats away and bumps into a street light it may burst.
7. Imagine that we submerge an inflated balloon in water. What would happen to its volume as we push it further down?
8. A 5 L container is filled with a gas at 2 atm and 27 ºC. What volume will it occupy at 27 ºC and 1.0 atm?
9. Some gas in a 5 L container, at a pressure of 1 atm and 0 ºC is heated to 100 ºC.
a) Calculate the pressure it will exert if the process is carried out without changing the volume.
b) Claculate the volume it will occupy if it is heated without changing the pressure.
10. We put a certain amount of nitrogen gas that exerts a pressure of 0.5 atm when its temperature is ---20 ºC into a 300cm3 container what volume will it occupy if, when heated to 20 ºC, it exerts a pressure of 900 mmHg?
11. We put helium gas that exerts a pressure of 1.5 atm when its temperature is 50 ºC into a 2 L container. What will its temperature in ºC be when it exerts a pressure of 600 mmHg in a 750 mL container?