March 28, 2024, 12:21:02 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Authoring service acs  (Read 1403 times)

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +148/-10
Authoring service acs
« on: May 29, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »
Has any of you used this; https://authoringservices.acs.org/en/
Is it any good? Its expensive so I dont want to waste my money.
I plan too submit my work to JOC in the late summer.

Offline hypervalent_iodine

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +33/-1
Re: Authoring service acs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 07:20:46 PM »
As much as I hate formatting, it’s probably not worth it for ACS since you don’t have to fit to a template like you do in other journals when submitting. Figure sizes and references are really the only tedious part. Editing might be good (depending on $$) if you don’t have someone you can trust to give good and honest feedback, but I’ve never used it myself.

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 07:37:53 PM »
If you submit a manuscript thats not perfectly formatted, do they change it or is it just rejected?

Offline hypervalent_iodine

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +33/-1
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 09:56:53 PM »
Depends on the editor. I think if anything, they’ll send an email asking you to fix whatever wasn’t done properly before they send it out to review. This happened to me once when I forgot to modify the referencing style I used. Otherwise it will be sorted out when the journal compiles the first proof and fits everything to the appropriate template.

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 08:18:51 AM »
I gave you a "snack", thanks.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 03:28:07 PM »
Minor formatting problems won't prevent your article from being sent out for review. If you have formatting issues, the editor will usually ask you to fix them during the revision stage (if you are invited to submit a revision). Usually you just want to read through the author guide and make sure you follow the requested article format as best you can (like, the order of sections, whether they want the figures in the text or at the end, etc.). We just got some reviews back for an ACS journal and we did a bunch of little things wrong, editor just asked us to fix before we submitted the revision. No sweat.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline blackcat

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 03:01:02 PM »
For me, Nope.

I have three papers as corresponding authors. I never used this kind of service. I think self-learning is better than paying  ;D ;D ;D

Offline kriggy

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +135/-16
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »
The only service like this we use is language check because were not native speakers. But I think we used one provided by language department at our uni

Sponsored Links