Chemistry Forums for Students > Organic Chemistry Forum

Bleaching cbd powder

(1/3) > >>

Fitness1:
Can anyone tell me how to bleach a colored chemical white? I need the chemical to be white in color and right now it's yellowish orange

Borek:
Some things will be never white, as being non-white is an irremovable part of their properties.

I am assuming by CBD you mean cannabidiol  - isn't it a Schedule I drug?

cosmonaut:
In the States recreational or otherwise is legal but also depends on which state.

I don't think you can make this white unless mixed with a food grade pigment/dye but would ultimately dilute your active ingredient.  This may not be an issue depending on the purity of your starting material.

On the other hand you may be able to make it clear...There is company in Oregon or Colorado that makes glass clear product through some chemical modification.  I think they have a patent though.

rolnor:
You can try activated carbon?
You need to dissolve the compound first, acetone maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkuNjEs0DPU

Synthol:
You could try chromatography, or vacuum Short path destillation - kugelrohr for example, but i guess it might be out of reach.

However in my opinion it will be enough to recrystallise your CBD in n-pentane, avoid using  alcohols such as methanol or ethanol becouse they are highly polar and so most diols are far too soluble in them for succesfull recrystallization, I’d also add activated carbon once CBD has dissolved in solvent then quick filtration (for best hot) and very slowly chill the product.

If the product remains dirty repeat procedure w/ fresh solvent.   

* dont add too much activated carbon as it might trap some of your product once most off impurities are gone.

If u Have trouble understanding recrystallization, respond I’ll write down the procedure for u

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version